Religious Education Office Hours
Mondays 9:30 am- 12:30 pm
Tuesdays and Wedsnesdays-11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thursdays-11:00 am - 6:00 pm.
No parent meetings during class times.
Other times by appointment,
Please leave a message at 908-874-8604
Children's Religious Education
Welcome to the Mary, Mother of God Religious Education program. Our mission is to guide the children of our parish in the ways of our shared Catholic faith with their parents/guardians as the primary teachers.
We offer an annual program for children in first through eighth grades which roughly follows the Hillsborough Township school calendar. We offer one day a week, in-class instruction, with an alternative home - school arrangement for children in grades 3, 4, 5, and 6.
In keeping with the Policy of the Diocese of Metuchen, children must attend two years of formal Religious Education before receiving First Eucharist and Confirmation. A copy of the child’s Baptismal record must be on file in the Religious Education Office prior to First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation.
Classes normally run from mid-to-late September through the first week of May. Home school students meet four evenings per school year. Students are expected to attend all scheduled classes except for illness or family emergency.
Classes are planned based on the following schedule:
- Grades 1-6: 4:15 pm-5:30 pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Grades 6-8: 7:00 pm-8:15 pm Tuesdays
- Grades 7-8: 7:00 pm-8:15 pm Wednesdays
- Grades 1-8: 5:00 pm-6:15 pm Thursdays
Class Catechists and Aides are all volunteers. Class availability is based on the number of volunteer Catechists so all planned days and times may not be available. Please consider assisting us; Catechists and Aides receive first choice for their children’s class assignments as well as a tuition waiver.
In keeping with the diocesan directive, all families of students in our Religious Education Program must be registered in the Parish. Special situations may be permitted with the approval of Fr. Sean or Deacon Chris. Registration forms for the upcoming year will be available at the parish office, the religious education office or on this website. Tuition and sacramental fee payments are expected at the time of registration unless prior arrangements are made with Fr. Sean or Deacon Chris.
Forms are available below under forms or at the Religious Education office or Parish office.
Fees 2018-2019 School Year
- $165 for one child,
- $215 for 2 children,
- $260 for 3 or more children.
- Registrations received after July 1 will incur a LATE FEE of $25 per family.
- 2nd graders have an additional $25 First Communion fee.
- 8th graders have an additional $60 Confirmation fee (includes gown rental and retreat).
- Busing is available from Auten Road School only for 5th & 6th graders attending the 4:15pm classes for an additional $50 fee.
- Please speak to Fr. Sean or Deacon Chris
- if finances are a problem, but do not hold up sending in the registration forms.
- Please make all checks payable to "Mary Mother of God Church."
Release Form Revised- 2017“Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Hold Harmless” printable form Waiver_of_Liability.pdf
If the Hillsborough Schools are CLOSED or have an EARLY DISMISSAL, WE WILL BE CLOSED. We will do our best to email you using the email address you supplied on your registration form. Please notify us via email if there are any changes.
If we are closed on Tuesday or Wednesday, there will be no bus service from Auten Road School to Mary Mother of God. Please ensure your children understand this and take their regular bus route home.
Other sources of closing information:
- MMOG Religious Education Office announcements on (908) 874-8604
- Mary Mother of God Website, http://www.marymotherofgod.org
- Hillsborough Township School District homepage, http://www.htps.us
- Hillsborough Township Board of Education message line (908) 431-6600
- COMCAST cable Channel 27 (Educational TV)
- COMCAST cable Channel 62 (NEWS 12 NJ)
- Radio stations WCTC 1450AM and NJ 101.5FM and their respective websites
Giving Tree 2018
Each year our parish has a Giving Tree to benefit local families and charities. Volunteers will be needed for about 2 hours on Saturday, November 10 at 9:30 AM in Schellberg Hall to make the cards for this year's tree. We will be tracing the card shapes, cutting them out, attaching strings to hang the cards, and adding labels.
The gifts will come back the weekend of December 8-9. Volunteers will be needed on Sunday, December 9 to receive, sort and bag the gifts. We will be working from 8:30AM until about 1:30. You don't have to be available to help the whole time, an hour or two is fine.
- Blood Drives- Baking and serving needed at blood drives, please look under Blood Drives for dates throughout the year.
- The Hillsborough Community Assistance Network (CAN) is regularly in need of volunteers to date check and shelve donations and help bag groceries for distribution to our clients. Volunteer help is usually needed 8- 4:30. M-F. 908-369-3880.
- Ziti for the Needy: Prepare trays of Ziti for Samaritan Homeless Interim Program (SHIP) in Somerville. To be scheduled through the Religious Education Office.
- Children's Liturgy and Babysitting is held during the Sunday 10:30 am Mass from Septemeber through May volunteers are greatly appreciated! For More Information on service hours requirements: Children's Liturgy
If you are a regularly attending member of a parish youth ministry (Altar Servers, Youth Choir, Junior Usher/Greeter), then you may record a maximum of three hours of your service to your twenty hour commitment.